Saturday, March 9, 2013

First Family Bike Ride





We decided to get some bikes, and start being more active. I was really excited about getting bikes, and exercising again and together. BUT I was a bit hesitant at first about getting a helmet, but Jared told me he didn't want to be the one to make the final decision when I get a brain injury on when to pull the plug on me.... so i agreed to get the helmet and wear it to set a good example for my daughter. Besides I'm 30 now, who am I trying to look cool for?  Last time I wore a helmet I was in 5th grade.................

When the helmet thing first became popular in our town I was in 5th grade and had just attended the bike rodeo at Garfield School.  My Mom made me get a helmet, I'm not sure why.... guess so she wasn't the only Mom not making her kids wear them. So none of my other friend had to wear them either before this.  I was dating a boy named Eric Kutchery and everyone referred him at "helmet" because he always had to wear one while we grew up.  As you can see I have deep rooted issues with this... My Mom took me and my little sister out and got us plain white helmets, she told us we could pick out stickers to decorate them. I guess this was to make the whole idea cool. I picked "BUGS" like not Bugs Bunny, like crawling in nature bugs! The first day that I went to ride my bike with my new helmet, I decided it wasn't for me and hid it in the bushes. After that I decided I just wouldn't ride my bike if I had to wear it.  True story.

4 comments:

  1. Don't you mean Erikacherry. Funny story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you had fun...by the way, the helmets look normal. Good job Jared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more comment -- is that the seat the bike came with or a new one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a gel seat because the original I felt like hurt my butt. 1 day later my butt still hurts from the seat.... Jared said I will get used to the seat. We will see.

    ReplyDelete